Monday, February 26, 2007

Fear of Grocery Shopping


I did not go to the grocery store tonight. I will probably end up eating some leftover shriveled up tomato on a grilled cheese sandwich. Jesse is digging around in the silverware right now. I'm guessing he's eating ham and cheese sandwich and cottage cheese right out of the tub, then polishing it all off with some ice cream.

Jesse is a dairy man. He's from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and he can't help himself. I was also raised on milk, but drink soy milk now. I cannot get past the idea of grown men and women drinking the liquid meant for calves. It feels strange to me, and leaves a film in my mouth. There's something unnatural about it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you and i have the same philosophy about drinking cow's milk. i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who thinks so. (i will not, however, turn down cheese or ice cream. EVER.)