Sunday, February 25, 2007

Alchemy in the Kitchen


Sometimes what happens in the kitchen, pots that boil over, burned dishes, too much spice, or not enough, can seem maddeningly like being in love. If you're like me, you might just wander off at the wrong moment, only to return to find a ruined dinner.

On the other hand, if the right spices and ingredients come together, the resulting alchemy can, like love, be extraordinary.

This modest blog will chronicle not only our culinary ambitions, but our relationship. Noel and I plan to plan and prepare at least one dish a week. Check back to hear about our adventures in gastronomy and in love.

Jesse

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought, like Vegas, what happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen. Watching your steady march to culinary coupledom will be an interesting and fun parade if I know anything about my grand and Jesse. Have fun on the way and stir some variety into my menu.

grannyonline

Anonymous said...

As the frugal gourmet one said: "don't get too close to the stove with a boner."

Anonymous said...

Nice apron. I have an apron too. It's called "boxer shorts." I agree with the frugal gourmet, especially since I wrote that too.

Julio