Friday, April 27, 2007

Iron rich foods




Maaaaan. I really didn't want to be one of those people who talks babies non-stop. I wanted to keep this blog mainly about food and our cooking trials and tribulations - remember the stuffed grapefruit? Oh, the nostalgia.

But nevermind all of that. The truth is, I've got baby on the brain, literally. I mean, the hormones flooding through my noggin are truly overpowering. I'm incessantly plagued with baby thoughts - from What does this fetus look like? to Am I going to be some sort of overprotective parent who projects all of her insecurities onto her child? I mean, maybe my entire framework for childrearing is based on some false idea that most people think like me?!? Oh god!

Okay nevermind all of that either. You see, when the hormones flood your brain, it's easy to lose your train of thought and become instantly fraught with emotion.

I did start typing with a purpose. And the purpose was to share with you that I am again tolerating vegetables. I think I might be low on iron, so I've started eating more dark green vegetables and meat (see title).




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better and eating better. That baby is a selfish little creature that will demand it's share of the nutrients - take care of Noel.

love you, GOL

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE you will obsess about everything. Is the school good enough, are they in enough activities, are they the right ones, blah blah blah. That is what makes it so FUN!! I'm telling you, kids are great AND you never know what to expect from one day to the next!! Love ya' But please, no bugs for protein, I'll drop off some chicken if you guys are struggling that much!

BJC

Noel Clark said...

hahahah - Hey check out this website about people in San Francisco who are in a bug-eating club. They even have bug-specific nutrition facts. Can you guess whether caterpillars or waterbugs have your daily allowance of iron?

Noel Clark said...

http://www.planetscott.com/babes/nutrition.asp

Anonymous said...

YUCK!! I cheated, so I know that answer, but I won't tell in case others wanted to guess. I don't think I could ever do it, no matter how deprived of iron I was! EWWW!
BJC

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Anonymous said...

I'm the baby that she was pregnant with.