Saturday, March 3, 2007

Friday Night Sushi


Friday night is a great night for sushi. Ok, every night is a great night for sushi, but, the work week being, well work, Friday night usually leaves us tired, and inclined to let someone else do the cooking.

On this Friday, we went to a gallery opening with our friend Jerry. Jerry leans towards modern art, and truth be told, so do I. So we saw some paint slashes and cross-hatches in the west loop, then headed for dinner.

The west loop is home to many restaurants, from good to trendy to overhyped to overpriced. One thing it guarantees is high concept and high design. In some settings that can be annoying, but I usually expect both from a sushi joint anyway.

This night found us at Starfish, which is high design. I thought it was also a cut above my neighborhood sushi haunts. I'll be the first one to admit however, that I don't know that much about sushi. Suffice it to say the fatty tuna did me right, and the Kamikazee er, crashed my plane.

I dream of eating at every sushi restaurant in the city. Well one more down.

Jesse

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love "the skinny." Keep up the great recipe ideas, but I don't know if I can keep up with them. I may just have to come over and have a taste.

Anonymous said...

if you haven't been to cafe sushi yet, we're so there!